July favourites
Hello and welcome to another month's favourites post! I have no idea what I did in July, not much that's for sure. But here I some things that brightened up this dull summer month.
Activity - lino cut and printing
Something I've been meaning to try for a while is linocut. I tried it once or twice in my pre-IB visual arts classes, but it seemed like something incredibly hard to arrange at home without all the supplies. But this month, I finally bought a small starter set - a handle with two interchangeable cutter ends, two small blocks of linoleum (well, it's one of those soft-cut, pink blocks, not actual linoleum), a roller and some ink. So far I've only made two little stamps, but I find it really satisfying and I keep thinking of projects I could make next.
Thing - My new antidepressants
Can I do that? Can I put my psych meds in my favourites post? I guess I make the rules here, so I will. I got put on Brintellix (vortioxetine), a medication I had never heard of before despite my extensive research born out of desperation in the deepest pits of a depressive episode, and the fact that I've tried like a million antidepressants already. Some research on reddit showed me that people are generally happy with it after trying a plethora of other meds, so I was reluctantly hopeful. And this pill, paired with a mood stabiliser, so I don't go crazy, has saved my ass. Sorry to get deep, but I was fully convinced I would not see the end of this summer, but here I am! Not feeling perfect, I guess that's not the goal, but feeling stable enough to do things to make myself feel better and survive even on the worse days. Everyone say thank you psychiatry for this rare W!
Album - Boundries - Yearning: The unbeautiful after
Who the fuck have I become, a year ago I refused to listen to anything heavy and now this is my album of the month? Sure. Also, for some reason every time I try to mention this album I forget the band name, despite it being just one word, but whatever. I haven't been intentionally listening to a lot of music this month if I'm being honest, so you're not even getting song of the month this month, my bad.
Clothing - Red gingham trousers
I got these trousers in early June after looking through many shops to find this exact item. I landed on United Colours of Bennetton, because these were just perfect and on sale on Zalando. They're children's, ages 11-13, but I miraculously fit into them despite being 175cm tall. I've gotten so many complements on them, I guess they're a pretty noticeable part of an outfit with the bright red pattern, even though they look a bit like I'm a preschooler.
This is it for July, like I said, pretty dull, nothingburger month. Have a fun rest of the summer everyone!

i've been wanting to do stamps like that for so long !! ! i didn't know there were small starter sets, i figured looking for all the materials was gonna be overwhelming so i didn't even try... i might now
ReplyDeletei'm sorry but i laughed a little when i saw your meds listed with all your month favorites, it's so funny, i was not expecting it, i'm so glad you tried them and that they seem to be working !! <3 i'm happy you're still here, despite the horrors.... plus, your pants are super cool ! !!! and so are you ! love your hair :D